Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Product Discovery! Digg.com

by Julia D. Stege, MFA

I know, I know. Digg.com has been around for quite a while, according to Wikipedia, since 2004. I've known about it for about a year, but I didn't finally start using it until last month!

Digg.com is a website that lets you find, rate, and share Internet content with your friends. It's also a great tool for getting to page one of Google. Because Digg.com is so popular, it rates very well with Google. When you want to promote a blog post you just wrote, for instance, you can post a link to it on Digg.com and improve the ranking for your post quite fast.

People within Digg.com can also find your post, so it's a double whammy. I used Digg.com to help icarevillage.com get two page one listings in Google for a competitive query within about a week.

I'm glad I finally discovered Digg.com so you can too. Let's use this tool to get our heart-felt message out to the world even faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment