Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Art of Giving On Twitter

by Julia D. Stege, MFA

According to Napoleon Hill, generosity is one of the most important qualities of a successful business owner. To develop this quality in myself, I have discovered ways to easily and quickly contribute to others on Twitter. Here are some tips for the art of giving on Twitter.

1) Follow people of like mind and heart: Most Peeps want more followers, so following folks is the first step to giving. To find simpatico Peeps I search for my Magical Keywords in the search field (to the right of your home page on Twitter.) I frequently search terms that match my vibration, ie #loa (law of attraction), #consciousness, #generosity, etc. Tweets from folks using those terms will show up and I follow the most interesting ones.

2) Re-Tweet the most interesting, uplifting and inspirational Tweets from your Peeps. Re-Tweeting is a very generous activity that gives your Peeps more exposure. To Re-Tweet, all you have to do is scroll over a Tweet you like and click on the "Re-Tweet" link. Then that Tweet will go out to your following, and the person you re-tweeted will see it in their @theirname inbox.

3) Follow Friday (#ff) your Favorite Peeps: Friday is a day on Twitter when many people promote their favorite Peeps using the #ff tag on their post. I promote good Re-Tweeters, friends, and folks I'm helping with their Social Media. Just include #ff at the beginning of the post and then the names of all the folks you want your followers to follow! Your generous #ff 's will be appreciated.

Magical Marketer Julia D. Stege, MFA helps people attract their perfect customers with a unique combination of Law of Attraction, Wildly Attractive WebsitesTM, Branding from the HeartTM, and smart Social Networking strategies. If you're ready to start attracting your perfect customers now, get Julia's free Magical Marketing Toolkit at http://www.magicalmarketingtoolkit.com . WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR EZINE OR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include the entire article including this bio at the end.

1 comment:

  1. As they always say, the best things in life are free. I also think that generosity can help anyone in more ways than one. When I first started using Twitter to promote my small store, I usually share things that amuse me a lot. Before I knew it, my network has been expanding and my store is reaching to more people on Twitter alone.

    Now I'd like to share to you these free professional Twitter backgrounds which anyone can use to spruce up their profiles!

    ReplyDelete