Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Ultimate Marketing Guide for Homebodies


by Julia D. Stege, MFA

There are a lot of reasons to want to stay home. Maybe you have kids, or in my case, dogs, that you want to always be with. Maybe you love where you live and enjoy the comforts of home. Maybe you just hate driving or traveling. Or maybe you're just lazy and prefer to lounge around in PJ's all day.

If you're like this, you're a bit of a homebody. I'm a homebody too.

That's why I love to do business and marketing from home, and I've developed some key ingredients to being a stay-at-home marketer. Below I list these key ingredients and offer links to my services if you need help creating your ultimate marketing plan for homebodies!

The first key ingredient is a website that truly reflects your personality and mission. Of course I think it's important to invest in the right branding vision and message, and to have at least one professionally designed site to promote everything you're up to, and to represent you to the world. However, if budget is a factor, you can create an interim site on a blog like Blogger or Wordpress for free, and you can even customize it for a lot less than a full site. To make your site an authentic reflection of you, include text written from the heart and pictures that resonate with you. See examples of my site designs here.

The second key ingredient is a large Social Media network. I have consistently built my Social Media network for about 2 years and have over 10,000 connections online. Considering I was only able to grow my list by about 800 over the first 10 years I was online, exploding my connection base by thousands and thousands of peeps felt like a win-fall. And these results are available to anyone who spends about an hour a day connecting with people on Facebook and Twitter. Other Social Networks to consider are YouTube and LinkedIn. See a list of my Social Media Services.

The third key ingredient is group coaching or teleclasses. I have been offering teleclasses for four years now and they have helped me increase my income by almost 50% in the last 2 years alone. I use free teleclasses to promote both my group courses as well as my one-0n-one services. They have really helped me build strong positive buzz about me and my offerings. And the teleclass intensives I've offered have not only brought income, they have also provided me a platform to share my true purpose and develop my gifts. I feel strongly that anyone in business for themselves can and should use teleclasses to attract a wider potential client base and build additional streams of income while fulfilling on their life mission. Learn about my upcoming training "Teleclass Magic: Essentials for Expanding Your Biz from Home with Teleclasses"

The fourth key ingredient is a positive mental outlook. Without a positive metal outlook, attracting perfect customers and living the perfect homebody life is not possible. Not only is confidence our greatest business asset (it's what our customers need from us first and foremost) but maintaining a positive vibration is key to attracting all that we desire. Every day I make sure to spend at least 1/2 hour raising my vibration and balancing my energy. First I use the Attraction Plan to determine what I want and focus my attention there. Second, I am blessed to have learned the "Daily Clean Your House Flow" self-applied energy balancing by Deb Myers. You can learn these key accupressure positions at her website.

The fifth key ingredient is receiving support. I never could have even started a business without a lot of help, and I require help ongoingly. I have several coaches and virtual assistants to help me stay true to my mission and forward my goals. I in turn offer support to conscious entrepreneurs who want to attract their perfect peeps and to be empowered to express their purpose to the world. I'm happy to extend to you a complimentary 20 minute strategy session to clarify your most pressing marketing needs and offer some tips. Just call me at (707) 823-3316 during west-coast business hours.

I hope you find these resources helpful in empowering you to craft your ultimate homebody marketing plan. Go forth and attract!

No comments:

Post a Comment