Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What To Do When Reality Bites

by Julia D. Stege, MFA
@magicalmarketer

Let's face it. Sometimes reality bites. It's just inevitable that stuff shows up that makes you feel rotten. It can ruin you day, especially when you have work to do, clients to attract, and a business to grow. When reality bites, it's almost impossible to move forward. It could be a person who seems bent on making you miserable, or a health challenge took you by surprise, or something is amiss with your finances. You know what I'm talking about. It just feels totally wrong.

The first question you have to ask yourself is do you really want to keep feeling rotten, or do you want to move out of it?

Sometimes it feels like you don't have a choice, but we always do! I have noticed that when I make an effort in the right direction, I can always transform my experiences and experience life as a happy fulfillment of my aspirations.

So what can we do when reality bites? Here is some sage advice:

1) Stop Thinking About It! I'm giving you permission to be a Pollyanna! If thinking about the problem is stressing you out, then turn away from it. We have been convinced that focusing on our problems will solve them, but our focus expands them! Have you ever noticed that the best solutions come to you when you are not trying? It's that old, "it came to me in the shower," scenario. You turn away from the problem, start feeling good again, then poof, the solution comes to you.

2) Turn Your Attention Toward Something that Feels Good: Sometimes this takes a certain amount of will when your attention seems to be magnetically drawn to the offending memory. Remember, what you focus on expands. Take a few minutes and close your eyes if you can and direct your attention to what you want. Imagine the situations you want, the people and what they're doing or saying. Think about them smiling and saying what you want to hear. If you can manage to focus for longer than a minute, you are on your way to attracting the new situations you imagine.

3) Get Inspired: If I feel stuck in a rut, I listen to uplifting CD's. Works every time. I have a wide selection of topics to choose from so I can select what works for my current state of mind. Maybe I'll get into a guided meditation, or Abraham-Hicks talking about Law of Attraction, or Deepak Chopra musing over the power of the mind. These folks always remind me of what I came here to do and how to move beyond my perceived limitations to experience what I've wanted and deserved. You may find some of my recordings helpful and uplifting. Get them here: http://www.magicalmarketingtoolkit.com

4) Do Something Fun. There's nothing better for keeping your mind off your troubles than to do something fun. It could be as simple as getting a quick coffee at your favorite cafe, or a walk for a few minutes out in nature, catching a movie, or taking a nap in the middle of the afternoon. You deserve a break and the fun will uplift you. If you're at work and need to stay there, turn your focus toward an aspect of work you love and get productive there.

You'll be feeling better in no time! And soon you'll start attracting what you want again. Go forth and attract!

WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR EZINE OR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Magical Marketer Julia D. Stege, MFA helps people attract their perfect customers with a unique combination of Law of Attraction, wildly attractive logos and websites, and smart Social Networking techniques. If you're ready to start attracting your perfect customers now, get Julia's free Magical Marketing Toolkit at http://www.magicalmarketingtoolkit.com/

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! This is SO true, and a reminder I needed today! :) Thanks for getting us all back on track!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete