Monday, August 3, 2009

Confidence: Why it's Your Greatest Business Asset


by Julia D. Stege, MFA

Have you noticed a lot of people are in fear these days?
They are falling prey to the negativity in the media and worrying about the state of the economy. They have heard about folks losing their jobs or have friends in some tight spaces. Even if they are still doing fine and earning what they always have, the current climate makes them feel insecure about the future.

Have you fallen prey to the fear factor? I'm asking because if you have, you are doing a disservice to your customers (and yourself). What they really need right now (and what you need too) is your confidence!

What is confidence? According to the web dictionary, confidence is "assurance: freedom from doubt, belief in yourself and your abilities, a feeling of trust, a state of confident hopefulness that events will be favorable." Can you begin to see how this is the quality your perfect customers are seeking in you?


No matter what your service or product, your customers want to know that you are confident it will help them with their problem or need. Imagine if you are exuding some element of fear yourself, will the customer buy? Probably not.

I remember one time when it dawned on me that my confidence would make the difference between signing a new client or not. I was in a meeting with a potential client at a time when I really needed the money. I had a choice of being needy or confident. I chose confident and so I cleared my mind of all fear and doubt and acted like I was the best person for the job in how I presented myself, how I spoke, and what I said. They hired me on the spot for a project that earned me upwards of $50,000.

Your confidence is a magnet that draws others to you. Your influence actually spreads hope and uplifts others. So build your confidence muscle and watch your business grow.

If you are having challenges being confident, WikiHow has some great tips at http://www.wikihow.com/Build-Self-Confidence. Use these tips frequently to build your confidence muscle.

WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR EZINE OR WEB SITE?
You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Magical Marketer Julia D. Stege, MFA helps people attract their perfect customers with a unique combination of Law of Attraction, Wildly Attractive WebsitesTM, Branding from the HeartTM, and smart Social Networking strategies. If you're ready to start attracting your perfect customers now, get Julia's free Magical Marketing Toolkit at http://www.magicalmarketingtoolkit.com

2 comments:

  1. I love that picture with the cat and the lion in the mirror. So true. I can help so many people but not if I have fear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very thoughtfull post on confidence .It should be very much helpfull

    Thanks,
    Karim - Creating Power

    ReplyDelete