Friday, July 4, 2008

It's All About Freedom

July 4, 2008

I am thinking about Freedom; Not just because it’s Independence Day, the day all of us Americans on all sides of the political spectrum celebrate Revolution. And not just because Freedom is the basis for our country that is celebrating it’s birthday today. It’s because I’m always thinking about Freedom. Freedom is part of what makes me tick.

Sing a ‘Song of Freedom’ and I’m likely to tear with gratitude. This is what I’ve based my life upon. All the decisions I ever made have had this at the core: Freedom. I guess that makes me a quintessential American (in addition to fact that I’m a direct descendant of an American Revolutionary.)

“Give Me Liberty of Give Me Death,” I would have said, but thank goodness I haven’t have to take it to that extreme. Today I am deeply grateful for those who have come before me and blazed a trail for my Freedom. My life has always been a free expression of creativity, love and magic. I am thankful that I have the freedom to learn about, experience, and teach others the power of deliberate creation; How we are creating our lives through our thoughts, a teaching that in another time or another place would be condemned as blasphemy.

Can I interest you in considering your Freedom today? Perhaps it’s something you’ve been taking for granted, or perhaps you have been fearing the political tide would take our Freedom away. Either way, now is a great time to appreciate the Freedom we have, and to indulge in visions of Freedom for All.

No comments:

Post a Comment